HIGH POINT – WithIt, a women’s leadership development network for the home and furnishings industries, will present this year’s Visionary Award to Susan Inglis, founding executive director of the Sustainable Furnishings Council.
The award is the highest recognition level bestowed by the organization, honoring a woman of achievement whose insight and actions have significantly impacted WithIt.
As a leader in the push for sustainability in the home and furnishings industry, Inglis has taken the Sustainable Furnishings Council from an idea to a reality. She clung to the notion that businesses have the power to change the world and, in doing so, became a part of that change, according to WithIt.
“It’s an honor to recognize Susan Inglis with the Visionary Award,” said Renee Loper-Boyd, WithIt president and vice president of marketing at International Market Centers. “Her inspiring passion for sustainability and the contributions that she and the Sustainable Furnishings Council have made will continue to have a positive impact on our industry for many years to come.”
Loper-Boyd added that Inglis’ career has been marked by a passionate, purposeful entrepreneurial spirit.
The recipient of the Visionary Award and finalists in other categories will be honored at the WOW Awards gala, on Friday, Oct. 21, in the International Home Furnishings Center International Ballroom. Individual tickets and sponsor tables are available to be purchased at withit.org.
The annual awards, which are sponsored by International Market Centers, recognize business leaders nominated by their peers who have contributed to the success of the home and furnishings industry and have demonstrated significant impact on their companies and the industry.
In addition to honoring Inglis, WithIt will present WOW Awards in five additional categories:
- The Education Award nominees are Kaprice Crawford, Home Furnishings Assn.; Jane Dagmi, HPxD; and Deborah Hernandez, Fashion Institute of Technology.
- The Mentoring Award nominees are Lisa Hawkins, Room to Room; Louise Traficanti, Eastern Accents; and JoAnne Wiley, J.B. Hunt Final Mile.
- The Leadership Award nominees are Rebecca Colyn, Magnussen Home; Lisa Koskela, Lisa Koskela Design; and Amy Vernon, La-Z-Boy, Inc.
- The Future Leader Award nominees for this award are Dorota Lopez, Dorota, Inc.; Erin Weir, Gail Doby Coaching and Consulting; and Shannon Williams, North American Home Furnishings Assn.
- The Sales Excellence Award nominees are Jamie Gaston, Esquire Advertising; Jynne Harris, Kreber; and Kristin Olson, Covington Fabrics and Designs.